Wake Forest University is committed to the health and wellbeing of all of its students.
Health insurance is required as a condition of enrollment for:
- Full-time, degree-seeking domestic undergraduate students in Wake Forest College
- Degree-seeking domestic graduate students* in the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, Divinity, School of Business and School of Law
- International students with F or J visas
- Undergraduate students who are degree-seeking students who only need part-time status to complete their degree
*Currently not available for graduate students in the Professional Studies program.
Students who are not currently insured may enroll in the Student Blue plan from Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina.
Students who are covered under their own insurance plan or a parent’s plan, that meets the University’s criteria (found here), may elect to waive the Student Blue plan.
Students must enroll or waive prior to the fall semester each year. The benefits period is January 1 – July 31, 2024.
2023-24 Premiums: $2,858 per year or $1,429 per semester
Student Health Insurance Need-Based Grant: Students receiving need-based financial aid who are required to purchase the University’s Student Blue may request funding through Student Financial Aid to cover the premiums. Please contact Student Financial Aid at email@example.com for information.
- Students who are not currently ensured may enroll in the Student Blue plan.
- Students who are covered under their own insurance plan or a parent’s plan, that meets the University’s criteria (found here), may elect to waive the Student Blue plan.
- Students must enroll or waive prior to the fall semester each year, as the benefits period is January 1 – July 31, 2024.
- On or after November 1, visit the Student Blue login page
- Log in with your WFU email address.
- Follow the prompts to complete the enrollment or application for waiver. If you are waiving coverage, be sure to have your insurance ID available to complete the form.
- If the election is for enrollment, the health insurance premium will remain on the student account, and cards will begin mailing mid-July for the August 1 plan year start.
- If the election is for waiver, a credit will be issued within seven (7) days to the student account. The waiver will remain in place for the entire academic year. If the insurance used to waive changes during the academic year, please submit your updated insurance information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 1, 2023
Portal opened to enroll or waive coverage
January 31, 2024
Deadline to take action (either enroll or waive coverage)
January 1 – July 31, 2024
Confirm Policy Benefits
Call Student Blue at 1.800.579.8022
Student Health Insurance Office
P.O. Box 7351
1834 Wake Forest Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27109
B132 WF Wellbeing Center
Student Insurance Program Administrator
Wake Forest University