2020-21 OPEN ENROLLMENT
2020-21 premiums will be available on this page on Monday, April 13, 2010.
Enroll or Waive Coverage
The insurance election process is an annual process, always held prior to the academic year. The portal will open June 1, 2020 for new students to enroll or waive. This step is required for all new students.
Please visit www.bcbsnc.com/wfu during the Open Enrollment/Change period to take action
If you are outside of the United States, please visit studentblue.bcbsnc.com/wf to take action
New Students will need to create a Student Blue account as a NEW USER
All students will need to create a Student Blue account in order to request enrollment or waiver. Once the Student Blue account is created, it will house all communications from Blue Cross Blue Shield in the account message center, and allow for follow up regarding your enrollment or waiver status. This account will be used each year for the enrollment in or waiver from Student Blue. Please retain the Student Blue user id and password for future reference.
Steps to create an account:
- Based on your election, you may choose – Enrollment > Enroll Now OR Waiver > Request A Waiver
- The next step is to create a Student Blue account as a NEW USER.
- Once the account is created, follow the prompts to complete the enrollment or application for waiver.
If the election is for enrollment, the health insurance premium will remain on the student account, and cards will begin mailing mid-July for the 8/1 plan year start.
If the election is for waiver, a credit will be issued within 7 days to the student account. The waiver will remain in place for the entire academic year. If the insurance used to waive changed during the academic year, please submit your updated insurance information to email@example.com.
WFU Health Insurance Requirement
Wake Forest University is committed to the health and well-being of all of its students.
Health Insurance is required as a condition of enrollment for:
- Full-time, degree-seeking domestic undergraduate students in Wake Forest College
- Degree-seeking domestic graduate students* in the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, Divinity, School of Business and School of Law
- International students with F or J visas
- Undergraduate students who are degree-seeking students who only need part-time status to compete their degree
Students who are covered under their own insurance plan or a parent’s plan, that meets the WFU criteria (found here), may elect to waive the Student Blue plan. Students must enroll or waive prior to the fall semester each year, as the benefits period is 8/1 – 7/31.
Student Health Insurance Office
P.O. Box 7312
1834 Wake Forest Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27109
9A Reynolda Hall
Student Insurance Program Administrator
Finance and Operations, Campus Life